HOME FIRE ESCAPE PLANS
Does your family know how to get out quickly in the event of a fire in your home? Just like fire drills at school, practicing how to get out quickly will make things a little less scary if there is ever a fire in your home. Create and practice your home escape plan. Here’s how:
- Download our escape plan worksheet and draw a simple floor plan of your house.
- Label two ways out of every room – especially sleeping areas.
- Decide on a family meeting place in a safe area outside.
- Go over the plan with every member of your family.
- Check the smoke alarms in your house by pressing the TEST button on each alarm.
- Practice the plan with your family.